From the Parents
I can’t tell you how much my daughter has enjoyed Nicola’s workshops.
She is a very shy child that finds social situations very difficult, so when I say that she didn’t miss one session and she was ready every Saturday waiting to go, it tells me a lot, it says she enjoyed being there and over the weeks she has learnt so much about herself. Nicola made her feel at ease and able to join in.
I think this is a wonderful thing that Nicola is offering and would recommend it to anyone.
– Louise Reddington
My daughter was suffering from low self-esteem and was finding teenage friends difficult. This course really helped her. She learned how to think more positively, she made some new friends and she looked forward to it every week.
It’s not that easy to get a teenager out of bed on a Saturday morning but this course really motivated her. She especially loved making her journal, her den and her mood board.
Maddy says “Nicola is easy to talk to and really cares”.
– Jane Harman
Empowerment workshops for young girls aged 11-14 will start again in September, in Hampstead, London NW3, and will observe any social distancing guidelines current at that time.
Dates and venue to be confirmed. Please email me at email@example.com if you would like to be kept updated, or simply sign up to the mailing list on the contact page.
If you have any questions you are welcome to call me on 07886 404098
These workshops provide a safe, secure environment in which your daughter can rediscover her enjoyment of life. There are no lectures, just love and a compassionate atmosphere where she can share quality time and make friends.
In today’s society girls are increasingly anxious and critical about themselves and their friends. Many are feeling hopeless, lonely, insecure or afraid to speak out in case of being ridiculed or judged. During these sessions we embark on a journey of self-discovery and positive empowerment. The girls share experiences that tie them together and show them they’re not alone. They will develop a set of tools to carry with them throughout life.
Over the eight weeks we cover:
- Being kind to me.
- What makes a good friend?
- Why being yourself is important.
- Meaningful self-evaluation criteria; healthy ways to evaluate one’s self worth.
- The power of having positive thoughts, how to reverse negative self-talk.
- Understanding and coping with stress and anxiety.
- Using breathing exercises and meditation to stay calm.
- Empathy and kindness.
- Facing fears. Positive affirmations.
- Strengthening relationships at home, listening to the ones we love.
- Gratitude and why it matters.
- Having a fixed or growth mindset.
- Having healthy relationships.
- Making goals and sticking to them.
- Navigating social media and keeping safe online.