The Old Library Day Nursery, Cubbington Road, Leamington Spa.
The Hive, Brookside farm, Gaydon Road, Bishops Itchington.
Materials and snacks included. (If paying upfront is difficult please contact me for other options)
These workshops provide a safe, secure environment in which your daughter can rediscover her enjoyment of life. There are no lectures, just love and a compassionate atmosphere where she can share quality time and make friends.
In today’s society girls are increasingly anxious and critical about themselves and their friends. Many are feeling hopeless, lonely, insecure or afraid to speak out in case of being ridiculed or judged. During these sessions we embark on a journey of self-discovery and positive empowerment. The girls share experiences that tie them together and can understand they’re not alone. They also develop a set of tools to carry with them throughout their life.
Over the eight weeks we cover:
- Being kind to me.
- What makes a good friend?
- Why being yourself is important.
- Meaningful self-evaluation criteria; healthy ways to evaluate one’s self worth.
- The power of having positive thoughts, how to reverse negative self-talk.
- Understanding and coping with stress and anxiety.
- Using breathing exercises and meditation to stay calm.
- Empathy and kindness.
- Facing fears. Positive affirmations.
- Strengthening relationships at home, listening to the ones we love.
- Gratitude and why it matters.
- Having a fixed or growth mindset.
- Having healthy relationships.
- Making goals and sticking to them.
- Navigating social media and keeping safe online.
“I love it here because it enables me to release my stress from school. Also it helps me to believe in myself even more. I am learning to be kind to myself and the people around me.”
Evi, age 12